What are CTR and ROI?
ROI is expanded as return on investment and is the net profit ratio to total investment. The ROI depicts the true effectiveness of the Google advertising campaign.
Well, there are a plethora of ways to skyrocket your CTR and improve Google Ads ROI. But, here, we will try to examine all the prime ones. So, without any further waiting, let’s get started!
1.1 The Keyword Conundrum - Target the Correct Keywords
Just like SEO, Google Ads CTR optimization is highly dependent on the keywords. But, unlike SEO, the process of filtering out the best keywords is different.
For effective ROI and CTR optimization of Google Ads, the keywords need to be filtered based on various factors.
Negative keywords: This may sound odd, but it is a very effective way to magnetize the right audience. Negative keywords are the ones for which you don’t want your audience to click on your ad. For example, if you are a seller of new furniture or electronics goods, the negative keywords will be “used”, “old”, or “refurbished”. With the use of negative keywords, you can filter your audience and optimize the CTA.
Intent keywords: Google ads are primarily for boosting sales. Therefore, it is best to include intent-based keywords in the ad copy. For example, using words like “top mobile phones” and “best office chairs” in your ad copy will boost CTR and ROI for those who are ready to buy.
Branded and local keywords: If you have your own brand name, add it to your keywords. Further, you can also go for keywords that have the names of your competitors. Based on the popularity of the competitors, your ads have the best chance of getting more clicks. Further, when a user searches for a product or service, they prefer it to be nearby them. Therefore, local keywords can be of great help. For example, you can use ”San Jose furniture” in your Google Ads to get local customers for your brand.
1.2 Keep the special offer in the headline
We know that people are inclined towards low-price or discounted products. Hence, if you are offering your product at a discounted rate, it is best to include the numbers in your headline. This point also depends on keywords somehow.
Using words like “free shipping”, “discounts”, “deals”, etc., in your headline will surely capture user attention. Thus, leading to increased Google Ads CTR.
1.3 Simplicity is the key to Google Ads
Adding strong words in the ad may seem great. But, if you want to make users see your ad and click on it, make sure it is simple and skimmable. As the attention span of a human is 8.25 seconds, your ad should be concise enough to glue the user to it.
Use simple yet effective words along with the major keyword in the headline and description. Further, keep the abbreviations in your ad to a minimum. Make sure that you reduce the character count wherever possible. In short, keep the ad as simple and small as possible.
1.4 Find high-performing ads and automate them
Google ads are one of the chief sources of income for the tech giant. Hence, it ensures that each of the high-quality and high-performing ads is prioritized. For those who are not much aware of Google algorithms, you just have to see if any of your ads are showing a high conversion rate. Moreover, also check if the keyword of that ad has the potential to perform in the future.
If the ad has future potential to yield higher conversions, it is best to automate the ads. As Google will have enough data about the ads, it will undertake Google smart bidding techniques to adjust your bids for maximum ROI.
1.5 Appeal to the emotions of the audience
It is often said that you should not sell the product; you should sell emotions. As per studies, emotional advertisement campaigns performed twice as better as those having rational content. The success rate of emotional campaigns vs rational content campaigns was 31% vs 16%.
In short, if you want to boost the CTR as well as the ROI from your Google Ads, you need to appeal to emotions. There are various ways to touch the emotional side of the customer. For example, you can use words like “get rid of your problems”, “kickstart your business”, “speak better”, etc. in your ad copy to make it appealing.
So far, we have covered the top five best techniques to increase Google Ads CTR and ROI. But, if you want to make the most of your Google ads, there are some useful tips and tricks that you can use aside from these techniques.
1. Use Google ad extensions: If you want to save a user’s time searching for information, you need to provide them with more information at one time. This is where Google ad extensions come in handy. Google ad extensions allow you to make your ad more helpful for the user.
With the use of Google extensions, you can include reviews, social information, location information, site link, and other information in the ad in the Google SERPs. It intimates users of the potential information and increases CTA.
2. Dynamic Keyword Insertion: Keywords are an essential part of Google Ads. However, you may miss some while carrying out your research. Dynamic keyword insertion ensures to automatically add keywords to your ads that triggered them. This is a super useful technique but should not be relied on for long.
3. Remarketing list of search ads: You must have seen ads for the online store that you just visited while browsing. Maybe of the same products even. This is known as retargeting. With Google ads, you get the feature of remarketing list of search ads. It allows you to customise your Google Ad campaigns for those who have already visited your website. The feature can easily tailor keywords and ads to retarget them to the users, increasing the CTR.
4. Make a single keyword ad group: A single keyword ad group means that you have a single and highly relevant keyword for a group of ads. Hence, when a user searches for any of the products that relate to that keyword, the ads are shown. For this, you have to be super precise as it is the fine line between the success and failure of your campaign. This will, in turn, also help in Google Ads ROI optimization.
5. Target as per audience’s interest
It is highly likely that if a person likes a product and wants to buy it, they will click on the ad. Though it is a bit tough, you can gather valuable insights from the customer data and cater for them for the ads that trigger their interests. It will increase CTA and, consequently ROI.
Though Google ads are highly converting, they must be managed well to ensure the best results. As there are a number of variables in the effective management of Google ads, professional support is required for maximum effectiveness.
We at 10x Digital Group are professionals in Google ad management. We help you with keyword research, ad management, and Google bidding strategies. So, to take your business to new heights, get a quote today!